IOSH Managing Safely is a basic risk management health and safety qualification for employees in a line management or supervisory role to ensure that they meet their responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace. It provides them with the knowledge and practical skills necessary to manage risks and resources effectively. The course offered online is an alternative to the traditional classroom based-course, giving busy people the flexibility and control to manage their own learning. This course has been developed by Astutis, our trusted international strategic partner. Upon successful completion, a certificate will be issued to you from Astutis Ltd.
What to expect
- The syllabus followed is the same as that for the classroom courses, with the advantage of added flexibility making it suitable for busy people.
- Rich multimedia experience and work-based learning activities complete with videos, audios, quizzes and animations.
- Tutor support and expert guidance from industry experienced experts during the course.
- The course is fully optimized to run on Computer, Tablet or Smartphones.
- Candidates are able to learn on their own pace to complete course which typical takes 16-32 hours to complete.
- Up to 6months access to multimedia materials and tutor support.
- Full color digital course notes for online use and to download for studying on the go.
- Continuous progress checks and automatic feedback to ensure candidates are adequately prepared for the final course assessment.
- Good proficiency in English language
- Good knowledge of computer applications including use of internet
- Regular access to internet
- Suitable for all managers and supervisors in all sectors.
The course is split into 2 units - 1 taught module and a work-based assignment to complete, which will demonstrate candidate’s application of the knowledge gained during the taught module. The topics covered under Unit 1 (Taught Module) include: -
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Investigating Accidents and Incidents
- Human factors
- Assessing Risk
- Protecting the Environment
- Controlling Risk
- Understanding Managers Responsibilities
- Common hazards
- Measuring performance
- Learning Outcomes
On completion of the course, candidate should be able to demonstrate their understanding of the domain knowledge by:
The application of knowledge to familiar and unfamiliar situations
The critical analysis and evaluation of information presented in both quantitative and qualitative forms.
- Short multiple choice test consisting of 25 questions to be completed online.
- Practical workplace health and safety risk assessment to be completed within 2 weeks of doing the test at the end of the course.
- Candidates should receive the results 6 to 8 weeks after the course.
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate awarded up to 18 weeks after successful completion of course (One certificate is issued per IOSH online license).
Why you should register for this course
- The IOSH Managing Safely Online course offers the following benefits to individuals and organizations: -
- Gain an internationally recognized and highly respected certificate, accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), the leading international chartered professional membership body for health and safety professionals, with over 30,000 members worldwide.
- Gives managers and supervisors the tools needed to prepare a business case for safety management at their workplace.
- Enables employees to design and implement a robust safety culture that meets and exceeds company and statutory requirements.
- IOSH online course results into time and cost savings because of no additional overheads incurred on travel and accommodation for alternative out of office training.
- Minimum disturbance to a candidate's daily work schedule
- Employees in different locations can undertake the training at the same time
- Provides good foundation for progressing towards professional NEBOSH courses