IOSH Working Safely is an essential short course for employees working at any level of organization in all industry sectors, where health and safety is critical to their role. Focusing on best practice rather than legislation, the course provides an essential introduction to the basics of safety, general awareness of general workplace hazards and the practical mitigation measures that can be taken by every employee. The online course is an alternative to the traditional classroom based course, giving busy people the flexibility and control to manage their own learning. This course has been developed by Astutis, our trusted international strategic partner. Upon successful completion, a certificate will be issued to you from Astutis Ltd.
What to Expect
- The syllabus followed is the same as that for the classroom courses, with the advantage of added flexibility making it suitable for busy people.
- Rich multimedia experience and work-based learning activities complete with videos, audios, quizzes and animations.
- Tutor support and expert guidance from industry experienced experts during the course.
- The course is fully optimized to run on Computer, Tablet or Smartphones.
- Candidates are able to learn on their own pace to complete course which typical takes 4-8 hours to complete.
- Up to 6-months access to multimedia materials and tutor support.
- Full color digital course notes for online use and to download for studying on the go.
- Continuous progress checks and automatic feedback to ensure candidates are adequately prepared for the final course assessment.
- Good proficiency in English language
- Good knowledge of computer applications including use of internet
- Regular access to internet
- Suitable for all managers and supervisors in all sectors.
The course is split into 2 units - 1 taught module and a work-based assignment to complete which will demonstrate candidate’s application of the knowledge gained during the taught module. The topics covered under Unit 1 (Taught Module) are:
- Introducing working safely
- Identifying common hazards
- Protecting our environment
- Defining hazard and risk
- Improving safety performance
- At the end of the training participants will:
- Understand why they must ‘work safely.
- Understand the difference between hazards & risks.
- Understand hazard identification.
- Appreciate and improve upon safety performance within the workplace.
- Hold a CSCS recognized health & safety certification.
- Short multiple choice test consisting of 10 questions to be completed online.
- Practical workplace health and safety risk assessment to be completed within 2 weeks of doing the test at the end of the course.
- Candidates should receive the results 6 to 8 weeks after the course.
- IOSH Working Safely Certificate awarded up to 18 weeks after successful completion of course (One certificate is issued per IOSH online license).
Why you should register for this course
The IOSH Working Safely Online course offers the following benefits to individuals and organizations: Gain an internationally recognized and highly respected certificate, accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), the leading international chartered professional membership body for health and safety professionals, with over 30,000 members worldwide.
- Enables employees to identify hazards and risks and come up with mitigation measures in order to ensure safety at their workplace.
- Enables employees implement actions that maintain or lead to a robust safety culture that meets and exceeds company and statutory requirements.
- IOSH online course results into time and cost savings because of no additional overheads incurred on travel and accommodation for alternative out of office training.
- Minimum disturbance to a candidate's daily work schedule
- Employees in different locations can undertake the training at the same time
- Provides good foundation for progressing towards professional NEBOSH course.
This course is ideal for managers and supervisors from all sectors and organization: These may include target group are waste management, transport, logistics, construction, health sector, manufacturing, foods and drinks processing, water treatment.